You’ve invested the money, love the feel and design of your new tee, now how do you care for it? I’m sure like me, you want that perfect fit and feel to stick around past the first wash. Here are some tips for keeping your t-shirt looking like new.
1. Always wash your shirt in cold water on the gentle cycle. It’s easy to think that t-shirts are rugged and sturdy, and many are. But if you are looking to keep your shirt soft, don’t put it on a cycle that will over-agitate it or in hot water that will cause the fibers to pull apart.
2. Always wash it inside out. If you love that new logo, keep it nice and fresh looking by turning your tee inside out.
3. Choose a gentle detergent. Many of the chemicals found in the power cleaning detergents can take their toll on the fibers of your t-shirt. Instead opt for gentle cleaners. Detergents geared for baby clothes, such as Dreft or Baby Organics from The Nature Company come highly recommended from Best Products.
4. Avoid the dryer. If you want to keep that great shape, the heat and tumble of the dryer are not your friends. Instead, lay flat to dry and press any wrinkles with a warm iron.
5. Spot treat stains right away. Instead of opting for a harsh all-over cleaner, try a localized spray or stick cleaner for spots. I love Oxy Clean Spray or Stain Stick for removing that unfortunate runin with baby spit up, mustard, or (heaven forbid) chocolate.
Your favorite tee is a vital part of your grab and go wardrobe, keep it in the rotation by following these 5 tips. Check out this article for specific stain removal tricks and this article for styling ideas for your favorite t-shirt.
Looking for a new favorite to add to your collection? Check out this beauty.